Cobham is seeking an Export Administrator to support the implementation and maintenance of the various export controls statutes and regulations related to U.S. export and import controls. This position is located in Orchard Park, NY.
- Will work closely with the business unit Empowered Official (EO) on the implementation and maintenance of the various export controls statutes and regulations such as the Arms Export Control Act (AECA), Export Administration Act (EAA), Export Administration Regulations (EAR), International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), US Customs Regulations, Office of Foreign Affairs (OFAC), and other relevant regulations related to U.S. export and import controls.
- Prepares, processes, tracks and maintains export/import/OFAC license applications, agreements, Commodity Jurisdiction (CJ)/Commodity Classification Automated Tracking System (CCATS) Requests Temporary Admission Carnets, import certificates, General Letters of Correspondence and miscellaneous correspondence to the Department of State, Department of Commerce, US Census Bureau, OFAC and U.S. Customs and Border Patrol;
- Performs and documents denied party screenings;
- Assists with or leads U.S. Export Controls training;
- Promptly and efficiently replies to U.S. Export Controls related requests made by customers;
- Supports the business unit Empowered Official (EO) in audits, assessments, review of corrective actions and risk mitigation
- Works with Engineering and Business Development/Sales team to identify new product classification and potential licensable transactions;
- Maintain import/export records in accordance with U.S. trade regulations;
- Assist in the determination of product classification categories;
- Provides export guidance to Shipping area for international shipments;
- Assists with any other U.S. Export Controls related projects and tasks as assigned by the Empowered Official;
- Perform other such U.S. Export Controls related tasks and responsibilities necessary to achieve internal and external customer satisfaction
- 24 semester hours of business related courses from an accredited college or university
- 3 years’ general business or contract-related experience
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience utilizing software tools such as MS Excel and Word in a business setting
- This position requires access to technology, materials, software or hardware that is controlled by export laws of the US. In order to be eligible you must be either a US Citizen or Permanent Resident.
- BS/BA degree with a business emphasis
- Minimum of 1-year of experience of import/export related experience
- Basic understanding of import/export principles, concepts, practices, standards and industry shipping practices
- Basic understanding of the various export controls statutes and regulations such as: AECA, EAA, EAR, ITAR, US Customs Regulations, OFAC
- Proven ability to function in a multi-cultural environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills (communication, motivation, team working);
- Excellent time management skills, with the ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities;
- Methodical and organized;
- Analytical and highly numerate;
- Ability to work as part of a virtual team and under own initiative;
- Commercially aware;
- Possessing a delivery focused mind-set.
Cobham's values of Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us from our launch in 1934 by Sir Alan Cobham, an aviation innovator, to becoming a global leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. And it’s the insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective future. Innovators like you.
Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants.
See all of our latest opportunities at www.cobham.com/careers or follow us on our LinkedIn page at www.linkedin.com/company/cobham
To be considered you must apply by going to www.cobham.com/careers