Cobham Mission Systems are looking to recruit a Procurement Senior Manager – Customer IPT to be responsible for scoping, designing, the implementation and management of the total product supply chain throughout the lifecycle management process. This role is based in Wimborne, Dorset.
Our Procurement department consists of 40 employees and its key function is to find and manage outsource partners allowing us to deliver great products to time, cost and quality requirements. The business strategy for Cobham means this function is critical to our future success so we make sure that our teams have the right tools, processes and training which will facilitate your career development.
As a Procurement Senior Manager – Customer IPT your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
· Previous leadership for a Procurement team
· Significant experience of designing supply chains, in conjunction with operations, to meet challenging requirements
· Strong commercial and financial acumen
· Highly competent programme manager
· Excellent grasp of Lifecycle Management Processes
· Good team working skills
· Good interpersonal skills and able to manage commercial relationships
· Ideally a graduate
· Experience in working with IPT’s delivering sources of supply to new product development programmes
As a Procurement Senior Manager – Customer IPT your main responsibilities will involve:
• Determines whether supply chains can be developed to support product opportunities at Gate 1B (Bid / No bid)
• Designs the external supply chain to integrate seamlessly into product manufacturing plan
• Creates/manages procurement plans to ensure program compliance to QCDrequirement and business case
• Accountable for determining cost and implementation schedule of product supply chains
• Responsible for achieving programme objectives: Cost, Schedule and contractual commitments
• Manages the development and aggregation of the full: program, commercial, timing and technical requirements to support sourcing and selection of each element within the B.O.M
• Embeds supply chain implementation plan into overall product IMS.
• Understands critical dependencies impacting the SC implementation program within the prime program, including internal and supplier dependencies & manages accordingly
• Works with Commodity team to establish sourcing strategy for all major work packages
• Manages (in a matrix structure) wider procurement team members delivering supply chain work packages for their products
• Ensures compliance with customer flow-down requirements (offset, DFAR, quality, etc.)
• Establishes and manages risk and opportunity plans
About Cobham Mission Systems
The most capable critical control solutions for extreme environments.
As the world’s leading supplier of critical control solutions, we help our customers to increase the safety and mission capabilities of their personnel and equipment in extreme environments.
Our proven and trusted solutions in air-to-air refuelling, life support, weapons carriage and unmanned systems, deliver assured performance and class-leading through-life costs that enable our customers to bring complex projects to market quickly, and with minimal risk.
About Cobham plc
Cobham is a leading global technology and services innovator, respected for providing solutions to the greatest challenges, from deep space to the depths of the ocean.
Click here to find out more about us and or check out our LinkedIn company page