Cobham is seeking a Senior Mechanical Engineer for its Aerial Refueling Products. This position is located in Davenport, IA.
- Leads and performs root cause failure analysis; recommends, implements and validates corrective actions.
- Leads Research & Development (R&D) projects supporting the next generation of aerial refueling equipment and platforms.
- Participates in a project integrated product team through the design, development, system integration, verification, aircraft integration and flight testing of air refueling systems
- Works closely and collaboratively within a cross-functional environment inclusive of project management, production engineering, quality, contracts, procurement and other support functions
- Generates and manages project plans; inclusive of detailed resource and competency planning, for delivery of a high quality and compliant design
- Oversees the successful execution of the project plans, maintains scope control, and ensures project requirements are met within schedule and budget
- Develops scopes of work, generates specifications, coordinates bid requests, performs supplier assessments and oversees technical execution of suppliers
- Manages project, programmatic and technical risks through active identification and execution of risk mitigation strategies
- Manages designs and project scope through strong requirements development and requirements change management techniques
- Ensures projects execute per standard engineering and company practices, policies and procedures
- Manages relationships with, and regularly interfaces with, customers and end users to develop/refine project and product requirements
- Utilizes strong interpersonal skills to foster teamwork and create motivation to achieve project success
- Must be able to travel up to 25%
- BS in Systems, Mechanical, Aerospace Engineering from an ABET accredited institution
- 5 years experience in aircraft mechanical systems design
- 1 year of experience in DoD aircraft systems development per Military Standards and/or FAA FAR requirements
- This position requires access to technology, materials, software or hardware that is controlled by export laws of the US. In order to be eligible you must be either a US Citizen or Permanent Resident.
- Master’s Degree in an engineering field
- Experience in systems design for rotor wing aircraft
- Experience with mechanical design with stress, structures and kinematic considerations
- Aircraft fuel systems experience
- Experience with DOORS requirements management tool
- Experience utilizing Earned Value Management
Cobham's values of Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us from our launch in 1934 by Sir Alan Cobham, an aviation innovator, to becoming a global leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. And it’s the insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective future. Innovators like you.
Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants.
See all of our latest opportunities at www.cobham.com/careers or follow us on our LinkedIn page at www.linkedin.com/company/cobham
To be considered you must apply by going to www.cobham.com/careers