Cobham is seeking a Senior Test Engineer that will play a key role on the engineering team through diligent support of development and production test needs. Creation of test systems ranging from one-off open setups to fully automated production test systems falls within the requirements for this role. This position is located in Orchard Park, NY.
- Working from approved Test Plans and Test Procedures, oversee the planning, design and fabrication of development and production test systems.
- Provide expedited resolution to production test issues.
- Conduct tests and/or supervises testing by Test Engineers and Test Technicians and collect data using a Data Acquisition Systems and various instrumentation.
- Responsible for contacting outside laboratory sources for quotation and contracting offsite testing.
- Provide support for design and development program PDR’s and CDR’s.
- Develop the custom software used to operate and collect data within test systems using industry standard software packages such as Labview.
- Make recommendations for improvements to equipment, software processes, etc. to maximize team efficiency.
- Mentors junior members of the test engineering team on best practices.
- Ensuring that Safety, Health and Environmental (SHE) concepts are incorporated into test equipment and providing feedback to the engineering team on any SHE related concerns that should be addressed during a design effort.
- Bachelors of Science degree in Engineering or Engineering Technology from an ABET accredited institution.
- A minimum of 5 years related experience in the design and fabrication of custom test equipment.
- 3 years’ experience with Data Acquisition Systems and Instrumentation.
- 3 years of experience developing custom software using LabView.
- 3 years of experience in reading and interpreting engineering drawings and industry standards and specifications
- This position requires access to technology, materials, software or hardware that is controlled by export laws of the US. In order to be eligible you must be either a US Citizen or Permanent Resident.
- Electrical, mechanical or aerospace engineering degree
- 5 years of experience in military/aerospace industry
- Excellent leadership skills
- Goal orientation balancing task, team and individual needs to achieve the right outcomes
- Excellent interpersonal skills (communication, motivation, persuasion)
- Drive, enthusiasm, initiative and a willingness to develop
- An ability to work as part of a team
Cobham's values of Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us from our launch in 1934 by Sir Alan Cobham, an aviation innovator, to becoming a global leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. And it’s the insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective future. Innovators like you.
Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants.
See all of our latest opportunities at www.cobham.com/careers or follow us on our LinkedIn page at www.linkedin.com/company/cobham
To be considered you must apply by going to www.cobham.com/careers