Cobham is seeking a Supplier Quality Engineering Manager that will be responsible to establish practices that identify and minimize risks to customer satisfaction and will assure confidence in the supplier’s abilities to deliver a good or service that will satisfy Cobham’s needs. This position is located in Orchard Park, NY.
- Develop and implement business unit supplier quality assurance strategies and processes that aim at ensuring product conformity
- Establish holistic definition of Cobham’s expectations. Establish mechanisms to communicate these expectations to the supply base, assess supplier understanding and their ability to comply
- Establish mechanisms that support decision making for sourcing, evaluation and selection of suppliers to be placed on the Approved Supplier List and for selection on a contract by contract basis. Additionally establish mechanisms to identify and mitigate risk with suppliers that are partially capable (i.e. good for some applications, but not for other)
- Establish mechanisms for joint quality planning with suppliers to minimize total landed cost and maximize the value of the CMS/Supplier relationship
- Establish standard, risk based methods to validate suppliers conform to requirements. This may include proactive containment during early production or reactive containment due to escape. Conformance methods may occur at CMS, at the supplier and/or at an independent 3rd party
- Establish and maintain a continuous quality improvement program with suppliers. Improvement should be based upon a holistic rating system that considers impact to the business; primarily Customer Satisfaction and Total Landed Cost
- Significant Travel may be required for short periods of time. Typical travel will be 25% of the time
- Flexibility in work day in order to attend required internal/external meetings and teleconferences
- Completed BS degree in an Engineering field, Quality, or Applied Statistics
- Minimum of 10 years experience in a Quality, Operations, or Supply Chain role
- 5 years of supervisory or management experience
- This position requires access to technology, materials, software or hardware that is controlled by export laws of the US. In order to be eligible you must be either a US Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Strong written, verbal and presentation communication skills and the ability to effectively communicate with people at all levels of the company
- Strong team leadership and people management skills
- An advanced degree in Supply Chain Management or Engineering desirable
- The incumbent must have the ability to manage relationships across multiple cultures
Cobham's values of Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us from our launch in 1934 by Sir Alan Cobham, an aviation innovator, to becoming a global leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. And it’s the insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective future. Innovators like you.
Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants.
See all of our latest opportunities at www.cobham.com/careers or follow us on our LinkedIn page at www.linkedin.com/company/cobham
To be considered you must apply by going to www.cobham.com/careers