Cobham Mission Systems are looking for a Supportability Engineer. The function of the Supportability Engineer is to develop and maintain the highest level of operational effectiveness and availability of our equipment in-service within acceptable cost of ownership. We are looking for an individual who can assist in influencing support requirements and the sustainment of equipment capability from development through its service life, so that performance and supportability characteristics can be achieved. The successful applicant will be thoroughly familiar with ILS, Availability, Reliability and Maintainability techniques and will advise on methods for achieving Supportability aims.
The role would suit an individual who is educated to HNC/HND/Degree level in an engineering discipline or has broad practical and theoretical engineering experience. Knowledge of Through Life Support contracting is considered essential and the candidate will need to demonstrate experience of working in a Supportability discipline.
This role is based in Wimborne, Dorset.
As a Supportability Engineer your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
- Computer literate.
- Knowledge of engineering drawings
- Knowledge of defence standards for supportability, 00-60, 00-600 and related specifications ASD S1000D for technical publications and S2000M for provisioning and spares management.
- Experience of engineering systems and maintenance would be an advantage
- Verbal and written communications abilities will be necessary
- Practical application of FMEA/FMECA and Reliability Predictions and Cases is highly desirable
- Knowledge of ILS principles is highly desirable and experience in the use of ILS techniques would be advantageous
- Experience of supportability analysis and performance based logistic support contracting would be advantageous
As a Supportability Engineer your main responsibilities will involve:
- Availability, Reliability & Maintainability (ARM).
- Supportability Analysis Assistance as required in Reliability analyses on mechanical and electrical products through Reliability Predictions, FMEA and other techniques.
- To provide Engineering reports on the results of the techniques listed above.
- To assist with the definition and development of product support engineering capability, as required by performance based logistic support contracts
- To co-operate with management to meet the employer’s legal duties and take reasonable care of their own health and safety and that of others who may be affected by their acts or omissions.
About Cobham Mission Systems
The most capable critical control solutions for extreme environments.
As the world’s leading supplier of critical control solutions, we help our customers to increase the safety and mission capabilities of their personnel and equipment in extreme environments.
Our proven and trusted solutions in air-to-air refuelling, life support, weapons carriage and unmanned systems, deliver assured performance and class-leading through-life costs that enable our customers to bring complex projects to market quickly, and with minimal risk.
About Cobham plc
Cobham is a leading global technology and services innovator, respected for providing solutions to the greatest challenges, from deep space to the depths of the ocean.
Click here to find out more about us and or check out our LinkedIn company page