Cobham Mission Systems are looking for a Software Test Engineer (Modular) to join the software test team working on AAR software products and supporting infrastructure. In this role you will be providing support to the Software Test Manager and Supervisors in performing activities associated with software test.
This role is based in Wimborne, Dorset.
As a Software Test Engineer your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
- Engineering or Science Degree (or equivalent).
- Degree in Software Engineering (desirable).
- Significant software test experience, preferably in safety critical software domain.
- Use of a modular automation test suite eg. RTRT, Cantata
- Testing of safety critical software with experience of certification and delivery into service
- Ability to perform module or requirements testing
- Demonstrate good verbal and written communication.
- Demonstrate an understanding of health & safety.
- Demonstrate methodical problem solving and attention to detail.
- Demonstrate a disciplined approach to working with the flexibility to accommodate changes in priority or tasking, whilst retaining a focus on product quality.
- Competencies to be developed to reflect expectations at each relevant engineering level
- Experience of software testing in the aerospace environment would be preferable
In depth knowledge of safety critical software design to RTCA DO178B or C
- Understanding of Mil-Std 1553/ARINC or similar protocols
As a Software Test Engineer your main responsibilities will involve
- To perform software test tasks allocated by the Software Test Engineering Manager/ supervisors.
- To assist Software Test Engineering Manager/ supervisors in generating schedules and estimating data.
- To execute software testing following processes defined by the CCPs with guidance from the Software Test Engineering Manager and team Supervisor.
- To maintain good communication and working relationships with peers and adjacent engineering teams.
- Co-operate with management to meet the employer’s legal duties and take reasonable care of their own health and safety and that of others who may be affected by their acts or omissions.
- Ensure software test tasks comply with company procedures and process.
- To support all stages of life cycle management relating to testing of software.
- To identify potential for process or product improvement.
About Cobham Mission Systems
The most capable critical control solutions for extreme environments.
As the world’s leading supplier of critical control solutions, we help our customers to increase the safety and mission capabilities of their personnel and equipment in extreme environments. Our proven and trusted solutions in air-to-air refuelling, life support, weapons carriage and unmanned systems, deliver assured performance and class-leading through-life costs that enable our customers to bring complex projects to market quickly, and with minimal risk.
About Cobham PLC
Cobham is a leading global technology and services innovator, respected for providing solutions to the greatest challenges, from deep space to the depths of the ocean.
Click here to find out more about us and or check out our LinkedIn company page