Cobham is seeking a Model Maker. This position is located in Davenport, IA.
- Manufactures prototypes of parts, sub-assemblies, and units to exact specifications, obtaining manufacturing information from blueprints, analysis sheets, engineering drawings, etc.
- Operates a variety of machinery including engine lathes, bench lathes, grinding machines, vertical mills (may include CNC and manual), etc., in order to produce necessary models.
- Uses a variety of measuring equipment including micrometers, height, depth and length gages, indicators, plug gages, in order to complete jobs as assigned.
- Uses a variety of hand tools including files, scrapers, chisels, and hand power tools such as drills, in order to produce the required finished product.
- Assembles parts as required.
- Utilize a working knowledge of trigonometry and shop math as they relate to specific job duties.
- Visualize and plan the manufacturing process from beginning to end, after viewing a print.
- Use a variety of measuring and gaging equipment in order to manufacture models to exact specifications.
- Assigns work and issues instructions to less skilled workers when such assistance is needed.
- Must be a high school graduate or have completed the requirements for the GED.
- Must possess current Journeyman’s status as a Tool Maker and have completed the requirements of an accredited tool making apprenticeship program.
- 2+ years of experience with geometric tolerancing.
- 2+ years of experience using a variety of materials, including metals (both ferrous and non-ferrous), plastics, glass, laminated stock, rubber and wood.
- 2+ years of experience in the manufacture of parts to exact specifications, working to extremely close tolerances and precise dimensioning.
- 2+ years of experience in reading and interpreting a wide variety of written instructions, including blueprints and sketches, and must be able to detect and correct errors in same.
- 2+ years of experience in using and operating a variety of machines and tools including engine lathes, bench lathes, vertical mills, hand tools, power tools, etc. in an efficient manner.
- This position requires access to technology, materials, software or hardware that is controlled by export laws of the US. In order to be eligible you must be either a US Citizen or Permanent Resident.
- Working knowledge of computers and manufacturing software is highly desirable.
- CNC skills highly desirable.
Cobham's values of Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us from our launch in 1934 by Sir Alan Cobham, an aviation innovator, to becoming a global leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. And it’s the insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective future. Innovators like you.
Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants.
See all of our latest opportunities at www.cobham.com/careers or follow us on our LinkedIn page at www.linkedin.com/company/cobham
To be considered you must apply by going to www.cobham.com/careers