Cobham is seeking a Program Manager that will be responsible for leading and managing a program of multiple projects to deliver the agreed scope within planned quality, time and cost parameters to satisfy the specified requirements and drive for customer and stakeholder satisfaction. This position will also motivate the whole team to deliver the business case and margins expected. This position is located in Orchard Park, NY.
- Deliver program to agreed time, cost, quality and benefits parameters
- Direct, motivate and provide leadership for the project managers and broader program team
- Organize, coordinate and direct the program activities
- Ensure effective and open communication throughout the program team and with stakeholders
- Lead the project managers planning efforts and resolve resource conflicts across projects
- Manage relationships with key customer personnel
- Direct the supply chain for the whole program
- Integrate the reporting for the program across all of the projects making best use of available PMO capabilities
- Integrate the outputs from the projects turning the capabilities into the required outcomes for the stakeholders
- Set up and operate the governance for the program
- Travel, 10 – 15%
- Completed Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum of 5 years of experience managing Projects and/or Programs including one throughout the full lifecycle
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in managing $1MM - $20MM programs.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience with Program Management practices including work breakdown structure, scheduling, resource management, risk management, cost account management, cost estimating, and planning
- This position requires access to technology, materials, software or hardware that is controlled by export laws of the US. In order to be eligible you must be either a US Citizen or Permanent Resident.
- Completed Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Business discipline
- Proven success of on-time/on-budget project delivery
- Excellent leadership skills
- Goal orientation balancing task, team and individual needs to achieve the right outcomes
- Excellent interpersonal skills (communication, motivation, persuasion)
- Drive, enthusiasm, initiative and a willingness to develop
- Good facilitator/mediator able to resolve conflict
- Able to take corporate or ‘global’ view and deal with senior stakeholders
- An ability to develop project managers and increase their efficiency and effectiveness
- Commercially and contractually aware
Cobham's values of Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us from our launch in 1934 by Sir Alan Cobham, an aviation innovator, to becoming a global leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. And it’s the insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective future. Innovators like you.
Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants.
See all of our latest opportunities at www.cobham.com/careers or follow us on our LinkedIn page at www.linkedin.com/company/cobham
To be considered you must apply by going to www.cobham.com/careers