Cobham Mission Systems are looking for a Mechanical Engineer to work as part of the Fluid Systems Engineering team. You will provide technical direction and decision making in support of project delivery and manage internal and external resources to successfully deliver allocated projects, through requirements definition, analysis, design, development and qualification. Further, you will ensure project compliance with internal processes, regulatory and legislative requirements.
This role is based in Wimborne, Dorset.
As a Mechanical Engineer your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
· Holds a degree in Mechanical Engineering, or equivalent
· Experience in mechanics and product design
· A strong understanding of fluid & mechanical engineering in the context of aerospace systems
· Understanding of the operation and maintenance of military or civil aircraft, particularly large transport types
· Understanding of military & civil aircraft airworthiness and certification
· Experience of liaison with customers and suppliers
· Good written and oral communications skills
· Experience of the management of aerospace development projects
· Understanding of the financial management of development projects
As a Mechanical Engineer your main responsibilities will involve:
· Define and lead analyses in support of product design
· Lead integration design to achieve optimal balance between design requirements such as performance, mass, centre of gravity, safety, maintainability and cost
· Manage requirements verification throughout project execution to successfully demonstrate compliance for a DDP
· Ensure projects are delivered in accordance with LCM, SOF-E and other internal processes
· Work with programme management to ensure that projects are delivered in accordance with technical, cost and schedule requirements
· Manage technical risks
· Manage external suppliers to ensure compliance with agreed processes and achievement of project objectives. This will include UK and overseas visits
· Manage concessions ensuring delivery of technically sound product and working with other CMS departments to ensure product improvement is assured
· Cooperate proactively with other CMS departments
About Cobham Mission Systems
The most capable critical control solutions for extreme environments.
As the world’s leading supplier of critical control solutions, we help our customers to increase the safety and mission capabilities of their personnel and equipment in extreme environments.
Our proven and trusted solutions in air-to-air refuelling, life support, weapons carriage and unmanned systems, deliver assured performance and class-leading through-life costs that enable our customers to bring complex projects to market quickly, and with minimal risk.
About Cobham plc
Cobham is a leading global technology and services innovator, respected for providing solutions to the greatest challenges, from deep space to the depths of the ocean.
Click here to find out more about us and or check out our LinkedIn company page