Cobham is seeking a Non-Destructive Testing (NDT) Quality Technician. This position is located in Davenport, IA.
- The NDT Quality Technician will use conventional and automated ultrasonic, radiographic, eddy current and other NDT test methods for example, FPI. Organizes and oversees group activities and provides guidance to other technicians. Qualifies and certifies all NDT personnel as applicable.
- Provides practical NDT expertise to support equipment fabrication and problem resolution, monitors the condition of installed hardware, and trains and certifies Government inspectors. Specific functions may include: Develop and implement unique NDT procedures in response to customer or supplier needs; coordinate and perform in-service inspections utilizing advanced and automated inspection methods.
- Provides technical direction and leadership for NDT projects; provide classroom training for various audiences; and oversee supplier NDT program. Extensive communication and interaction with suppliers, component designers, management personnel, and customer personnel is required.
- Conducts and documents tests on parts and assemblies to verify product conformance. Identifies opportunities for improving processes, procedures or equipment.
- Interfaces with engineers, peers or internal customers for assistance and identification of requirements to resolve manufacturing related process problems
- Performs level II responsibilities as required. Performs adequate surveillance to assure compliance of the NDT quality system to all applicable customer quality documents and/or assure the facility properly performs the NDT process for which the NDT quality system certification has been issued
- Maintains Level II certification and calibration of the ultrasonic, radiographic, eddy current, and penetrant fluorescent penetrant processing methods.
- Performs Penetrant inspection of welds, forgings, castings, machined surfaces or other fabricated parts in accordance with company procedures, customer codes, standards and other contractual documents.
- Provides guidance on inspection, functional testing, type testing and examination of all product subassemblies, final assemblies and finished products.
- Performs product and certification verification using special processing knowledge which includes but is not limited to the following; NDT process, conversion coat, welding, passivation, anodize and aluminum heat treat.
- Must have knowledge of process control techniques, statistical sampling, torque methods and exposure to Acceptance Test Methods associated with hydraulic/pneumatic systems.
- Operates all product related test equipment to analyze, record, and determine acceptability of product performance.
- May perform process validations and process, system or product audits at CLSS or suppliers’ facilities.
- May perform source inspections or verification of inspection techniques at suppliers’ facilities.
- Maintains complete and accurate records of inspection activities.
- Performs all operations according to prescribed safety and environmental principles.
- All other related duties as assigned.
- Must have 20/20 vision corrected or uncorrected in at least one eye and average to normal color vision (4 to 6 responses Titmus, B&L or AO Testing machines or equivalent).
- High School Diploma or GED
- NAS 410 NDT Level II Certification required eddy current and ultrasonic
- 3+ years’ experience operating, radiographic experience (film), and NDT related test equipment.
- 3+ years’ experience in reading and interpreting electrical schematics, blueprints, specifications, written instructions and sales order requirements.
- 3+ years’ experience in maintaining complete and accurate records of verification activities using inspection software.
- This position requires access to technology, materials, software or hardware that is controlled by export laws of the US. In order to be eligible you must be either a US Citizen or Permanent Resident. Are you able to meet this requirement?
- Associates Degree
- Ability to work with close tolerances.
- NAS 410 NDT Level II Certification
- Digital Radiography, Eddy Current and Ultrasonic experience
- Welding process experience 5 year’s
- Nadcap experience
- Ability to operate measuring and gauging equipment.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. occasionally.
- AS9100 Quality Management System experience
- Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerances experience
- Familiarization with ERP system (Oracle)
- Knowledge of TipQA quality assurance software or a Corrective Action type system
- ASQ Certified Quality Technician (CQT) or Certified Quality Improvement Associate (CQIA)
- ISO-9001 or AS9100 Internal Auditor training certificate
Cobham's values of Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us from our launch in 1934 by Sir Alan Cobham, an aviation innovator, to becoming a global leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. And it’s the insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective future. Innovators like you.
Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants.
See all of our latest opportunities at www.cobham.com/careers or follow us on our LinkedIn page at www.linkedin.com/company/cobham
To be considered you must apply by going to www.cobham.com/careers