As a part of Cobham Mission Systems we are looking for a Software Quality Engineer to develop, implement and maintain software working procedures to ensure life cycle compliance with software standards such as ISO9001 TickITPlus & DO178B/C, airworthiness requirements, and other Customer contractual conditions. This role is based in Wimborne, Dorset.
As a Software Quality Engineer your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
- Software Quality Assurance specialist in safety critical, civil and military systems
- Familiar with recognised software standards such as DO-178B, ISO9001 TickITPlus, and relevant MIL-STD’s and DEF-STAN’s.
- Familiar with systems and software engineering processes, and software verification and validation techniques.
- Familiar with configuration management techniques and software configuration management tools e.g. All Change
- Self-starter with a desire for problem solving and process improvement
- Attention to detail and methodical approach
- Professional conduct and good communication skills to influence both internally and externally
As a Software Quality Engineer your main responsibilities will involve:
• Monitor, maintain, and implement improvements to the software QMS, including Life Cycle Management, to ensure its effectiveness – update of relevant company procedures as required.
• Implementation of software quality audits to monitor compliance with project plans and company processes including software conformity reviews in advance of releases.
• Ensure effective software problem reporting, root cause analysis, and corrective action implementation.
• Ensure effective software configuration management.
• Generation and implementation of software quality plans.
• Ensure compliance with applicable industry, regulatory and certification requirements.
• Ensure flowdown of software requirements to software suppliers – quality management of software suppliers to ensure delivery of verified software.
• Carry out general software Quality Assurance tasks as required including internal software LCM reviews, software document approvals, and software change control and verification activity.
• Ensure independence of software Quality Assurance and development activities are observed.
• TickITPlus accreditations management
About Cobham Mission Systems
The most capable critical control solutions for extreme environments.
As the world’s leading supplier of critical control solutions, we help our customers to increase the safety and mission capabilities of their personnel and equipment in extreme environments.
Our proven and trusted solutions in air-to-air refuelling, life support, weapons carriage and unmanned systems, deliver assured performance and class-leading through-life costs that enable our customers to bring complex projects to market quickly, and with minimal risk.
About Cobham plc
Cobham is a leading global technology and services innovator, respected for providing solutions to the greatest challenges, from deep space to the depths of the ocean.
Click here to find out more about us and or check out our LinkedIn company page