Cobham Mission Systems are looking for a Design Quality Engineer – Electrical to act as the Quality authority within CMS engineering Product development teams, to ensure that quality requirements are addressed throughout the engineering development of new products .This role is based in Wimborne, Dorset.
As a Design Quality Engineer – Electrical your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
· Electrical design background including PCBs, PCB assemblies, Black box design and testing, looming, applicable stds: IPC610, IPC620
· Proven Quality experience operating in EN9100, EN9110, TickIT Plus, EASA Part-21(G) & EASA Part-145 environments
· Degree qualified desirable
· Trained lean / six sigma practitioner
· Proven background in Quality Assurance and thorough understanding of Quality tools and techniques
· Quality Planning – ability to effectively flow down Customer specific requirements into new designs, and ensuring capture of all quality requirements relating to the achievement of product compliance
· Excellent root cause analysis and corrective action understanding, including use of lean tools such as 8D, and DFMEA / PFMEA.
· Sound engineering experience and associated Quality & Inspection knowledge.
· QMS implementation and lead auditing to recognised aerospace standards
· Attention to detail and methodical approach
· Self-starter with a desire for problem solving and process improvement
· Professional conduct and good communication skills to influence both internally and externally.
As a Design Quality Engineer – Electrical your main responsibilities will involve:
· Determination and generation of Quality plans to meet Customer requirements
· Ensuring Quality plans are implemented and translated into robust production process controls
· Ensure Quality Management System adherence to EN9100, EASA Part 21(G) and Part 145, and with customer approvals throughout the Product Development Lifecycle
· Ensure implementation of robust change control and configuration management process
· Manage and host Product Development auditing activities
· Manage Quality escapes and Customer investigations
· Drive product and process non-conformance investigations and associated root cause analysis activities including concession management
· Conduct required First Article Inspections and ensure smooth transition of new products into production
About Cobham Mission Systems
The most capable critical control solutions for extreme environments.
As the world’s leading supplier of critical control solutions, we help our customers to increase the safety and mission capabilities of their personnel and equipment in extreme environments.
Our proven and trusted solutions in air-to-air refuelling, life support, weapons carriage and unmanned systems, deliver assured performance and class-leading through-life costs that enable our customers to bring complex projects to market quickly, and with minimal risk.
About Cobham plc
Cobham is a leading global technology and services innovator, respected for providing solutions to the greatest challenges, from deep space to the depths of the ocean.
Click here to find out more about us and or check out our LinkedIn company page