Cobham Mission Systems are looking for a Development Engineer (internally this role is referred to as Systems Integration Engineer) to work as part of the engineering team collating equipment and system level requirements qualification evidence in order to demonstrate compliance to customer requirements. This may involve tasks across either of the main business areas of Air to Air Refuelling and Auxiliary Mission Equipment.
Our Engineering function consists of 250+ employees covering the full engineering scope from R&D through to Aftermarket. We lead the market in Air to Air Refuelling, it’s a continued area of development and provides the types of complex challenges that great engineers want to work on. Our training, tools and processes are advanced providing a fantastic environment in which to learn and advance your career. Ideal candidates will be looking for a role where they bring their Engineering skills and develop them to their full potential within the business.
The Development Engineer will be expected to follow current departmental process and will be encouraged to participate in the further development of these processes. The successful candidate will work as part of an engineering team at IPT level or at product level supporting activities to demonstrate function and performance in the environment they are exposed to. The majority of the work will be carried out at Cobham Mission Systems purpose built engineering facility in Wimborne, Dorset. Occasional (infrequent) travel may be required.
This role is based in Wimborne, Dorset.
As a Development Engineer your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
- Engineering HNC with relevant apprenticeship or degree in relevant Engineering degree
- Experience of requirements management tools (DOORS, CRADLE etc)
- Knowledge of environmental standards (RTCA DO160, MIL-STD-810 etc)
- Experience of performing environmental and functional testing
- Experience of development engineering activities and understanding of product lifecycles.
As a Development Engineer your main responsibilities will involve:
- Provide technical input to requirements definition and validation.
- Customer and supplier facing responsibilities to discuss and agree qualification strategy and activity.
- Compilation of development and qualification plans including functional, environmental and mechanical aspects.
- Compilation of test procedures and reports.
- Analysis and interpretation of test data.
- Equipment and system evaluation against requirements to produce qualification statements including analysis and comparison of requirements and build standards.
- Input to verification matrices at equipment, sub-system or system level to demonstrate compliance to customers.
- Planning, arranging and attending test activities including control of test hardware, test support equipment, transportation and test cost and schedule.
About Cobham Mission Systems
The most capable critical control solutions for extreme environments.
As the world’s leading supplier of critical control solutions, we help our customers to increase the safety and mission capabilities of their personnel and equipment in extreme environments.
Our proven and trusted solutions in air-to-air refuelling, life support, weapons carriage and unmanned systems, deliver assured performance and class-leading through-life costs that enable our customers to bring complex projects to market quickly, and with minimal risk.
About Cobham plc
Cobham is a leading global technology and services innovator, respected for providing solutions to the greatest challenges, from deep space to the depths of the ocean.