Cobham Mission Systems are looking for a Systems Integration Engineering Senior Manager to lead the Weapons Carriage & Release Engineering team, providing technical direction and decision making in support of project delivery. You will manage internal and external resources to successfully deliver multiple projects and ensure project compliance with internal processes, regulatory and legislative requirements. Developing staff competency and team capability and supporting the aims of other departments will also be key to your role.
The role is based in Wimborne. The role is highly customer facing and you will be a technical lead for Cobham supporting product sales alongside our Business Development & Key Accounts team.
As a Systems Integration Engineering Senior Manager your skills and qualifications will ideally include
· Bachelors Degree in mechanical, electrical or aerospace engineering
· Experience of leading aerospace equipment development projects
· Experience of leading a large engineering team
· Experience of working within a structured LCM framework
· Experience of cooperative working with Project Management specialists
· Experience of concurrent engineering
· Experience of customer and supplier liaison
· A strong understanding of mechanical & electrical engineering in the context of aerospace weapons carriage and release equipment
· Demonstrated understanding of the operation and maintenance of military aircraft, particularly fast jets and trainer aircraft
· A clear understanding of military aircraft airworthiness and certification
· Extensive experience of liaison with customers and aircraft operators
· Good written and oral communications skills
· Experience of the management of aerospace development projects using a diverse supply base
· A good understanding of the financial management of development projects
· A strong understanding of the efficient & robust application of systems engineering methods
· Experience of building & managing large, multidisciplinary engineering teams
· Understanding of the elements of high performing teams
· An analytical approach to problem solving
· Confidence in making balanced, timely decisions
· Further competencies will be provided via the competency matrix, and linked to the relevant job level.
As a Systems Integration Engineering Senior Manager your main responsibilities will involve
· Ensure the establishment of clear requirements baselines for all products prior to commencement of design
· Provide technical leadership to ensure creativity, objective concept generation, technical excellence and structured problem solving
· Manage estimation of resource requirements, their procurement and deployment
· Ensure that projects are delivered in accordance with LCM, SOF-E and other internal processes
· Work with Programme Management to ensure that projects are delivered in accordance with technical, cost and schedule requirements
· Lead the active management of technical risks and intelligent risk taking
· Provide progress reports in accordance with the business reporting structure
· Support the F&M Engineering Director in the improvement of efficiency and the development of capability through the use of new tools and processes
· Manage staff deployment to optimise project delivery, staff development and succession planning
· Manage staff performance
· Develop team capability by assignment, training, mentoring and coaching
· Ensure that the team cooperates proactively with other departments
· Co-operate with management to meet the employer’s legal duties and take reasonable care of their own health and safety and that of others who may be affected by their acts or omissions
· Act as a role model for demonstration of the Cobham Values
About Cobham Mission Systems
The most capable critical control solutions for extreme environments.
As the world’s leading supplier of critical control solutions, we help our customers to increase the safety and mission capabilities of their personnel and equipment in extreme environments.
Our proven and trusted solutions in air-to-air refuelling, life support, weapons carriage and unmanned systems, deliver assured performance and class-leading through-life costs that enable our customers to bring complex projects to market quickly, and with minimal risk.
About Cobham plc
Cobham is a leading global technology and services innovator, respected for providing solutions to the greatest challenges, from deep space to the depths of the ocean.
Click here to find out more about us and or check out our LinkedIn company page