Cobham is seeking a Principal Electrical Engineer. This position is located in Davenport, IA.
- Provide technical leadership for hardware architecture and trade study development of high reliability aerospace applications.
- Lead or participate as a member of an integrated product development team to optimize designs and verify electronic/electrical system performance.
- Conceptualize, design, test, and document sub-systems for aircraft safety and survivability.
- Support aerospace software certification efforts.
- Support technical execution of electronic controller designs and test stand development.
- Support technical inputs to customer proposal work.
- Create circuit designs including component selection, schematic capture, modeling, firmware development, and analysis for high-reliability embedded systems.
- Conduct predictive analysis and modeling.
- Work with board layout designers to ensure design integrity.
- Interface with procurement and suppliers to ensure optimized component sourcing.
- Working with development team, create test procedures for qualification of electronic systems.
- Provide analysis to support electrical circuit changes or approvals.
- Conduct root-cause-analysis and technical investigations for software/hardware designs.
- Work with mechanical and stress engineers to ensure proper packaging of systems.
- Provide engineering assistance to production, service, and repair personnel.
- Possess excellent communication skills, including the ability to write technical material and present to customers and mid-level managers.
- Able to work and communicate with representatives from various departments including Business Development, Finance, and Operations.
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering (B.S.E.E. or B.E.E.), Computer Engineering Degree from an ABET accredited program.
- 8+ years’ experience in the Electrical Engineering field.
- Experience with embedded microprocessor design and peripheral interfacing with sensor inputs.
- Experience with critical circuit analysis/simulation using tools such as PSpice.
- This position requires access to technology, materials, software or hardware that is controlled by export laws of the US. In order to be eligible you must be either a US Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Experience with software development in a structured environment
- Experience with DO-178B safety of software in airborne applications.
- Experience with military aerospace testing standards.
- Experience with requirements management software such as DOORS.
- Experience with Labview.
Cobham's values of Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us from our launch in 1934 by Sir Alan Cobham, an aviation innovator, to becoming a global leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. And it’s the insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective future. Innovators like you.
Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants.